Monday, July 8, 2013

To ov or not to ov...

...that is the question.  Cliche way to start this post, I know.  I'm sorry.

Today boys and girls (ok probably not any boys) we're going to be talking about ovulation!  So exciting.  It actually is exciting for me, my entire life revolves around ovulation.  This is because with PCOS, I don't normally ovulate on my own.  I believe the last time I had a natural ovulation was May, 2012.  Since then I have ovulated several times, but some have been due to Clomid and one was due to injected stimulants.  When I did the Clomid, we did timed intercourse and when I did the injections, we had an IUI.  Obviously none of this worked and my guess is because we weren't treating the underlying problem.

So I said all that to say this.  I don't know if I've ovulated now.  I think I may have, but I'm not sure and I'm just going to have to play the wait and see game, which I really hate.  I've been taking my basal body temperature, which means I just take it as soon as I wake up, so it is a resting temp.  The past 4 days, including today, have been: 97.1, 97.5, 97.3 and 97.6.  Normally the jump between days 1 and 2 would indicate ovulation, but the jump wasn't very high and it went down slightly on day 3.  In past charts, my average before-ov temperature is 97.2 and average after-ov is 97.8, and my baseline is 97.5.  That means that today's temp is above the baseline, normally indicating ovulation.  Yay?  I don't know yet.  If anyone can lend me their opinion on this, I would be much obliged.  Or, I could just wait a couple of days and see where my temperature goes, but as we all know, waiting sucks!

Update 7/9/13: OK I didn't ovulate.  My temperature this morning went way down.  Ugh, I hate this back and forth stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and I love receiving them!